- A video was released where George Zimmerman re-enacted what happened on the night of the shooting. If this had occurred two months ago, it would lead every newscast. Now it's a bit of an afterthought because we all have the attention span of a gnat.
- I heard a discussion on the radio about how football could be fazed out of high schools not only because of the risk of injury but because of the cost -- and they specifically cited liability insurance cost. Schools carry liability insurance?
- My worlds collided: WBAP's Hal Jay was a guest on the The Ticket's morning show (and revealed that many years ago he had lunch with Gordon Keith in an effort to hire him).
- Texas Ranger GM Jon Daniels is now in James Wood Motors TV ads.
- After that kid yelled "Good job! God effort!" at the Miami Heat they won 6 of 7.
- Chris Berman will do play-by-play on ESPN's Monday Night Football game on 9/10. At least it will put me in a coma before 9/11.
- Fox 4 has a new report named "Calvert" and "Calvert" is a girl. She's got a little "Hey, now" to her.
- Watch the Plano Bombing suspect tear up a 1040 tax form. Preach on, bruther! Edit: Link fixed.
- I'm conflicted about the 50 year plea bargain in Wise County yesterday. The facts sound so bad that he would have probably received a greater sentence than that. But under the parole laws, he becomes eligible for parole when he had served half his sentence or 30 years, whichever is less. So he now becomes eligible after 25 years instead of, under the worst case if he had gone to trial, 30 years. It's basically pleading to the maximum.
- I'm only two chapters into my new Mormon book but it is really, really good. And, when discussing the hard line Mormon factions that still believe in polygamy, there was a casual reference to Warren Jeffs even though the book was written in 2003. Jeffs, you may recall, would later set up a compound in Texas before being sent to the pen. It seems his dad basically ruled a fundamentalist Mormon town back in the day.
- Last night in the house, because of sleepovers, there were five females in the house and me.
- I'm no CSI guy, but does this blurb about the jogger death off of 287 yesterday make any sense at all?
- Mark Cuban told The Fan's Richie Whitt via email that he does not own a yacht called The Fountainhead.
- The Bus Monitor's vacation fund is now up to $470,000.
at 8:38 AM