- I've had crazy dreams lately (although that's not unusual.) Last night one started with me and Mrs. LL talking to some park ranger as to whether we had time to take a particular hiking route. "Yeah. It'll be steep and dangerous, but I think you can make it." And so it began.
- Try to explain to a Third Grade Girl why the Rangers pitchers are batting in San Diego. And that will automatically lead to a request to stay up just a little later to see Matt Harrison bat. Request granted, by the way.
- My car got diagnosed as having a battery on the verge of going out. Not sure I believe that, but I trust the "diagnoser." Every battery I've ever replaced was completely dead, so when you take a wrench to the positive connection of one that still has some life in it, are sparks normal? Or should I grab a hazmat uniform?
- And have batteries gone up in price dramatically over the last couple of years?
- Creepy: Facebook acquires a facial recognition company from Israel for $60 million.
- The story about the guy in Plano who had a bomb go off in his face while apparently trying to blow up a residential gas line is one strange story. I'd be surprised if the FBI didn't jump in on that one. Edit: I meant I would have been surprised if the FBI didn't jump in. Poorly worded. Saw they were out there shortly after it happened.
- Bob Costas interview with Jerry Sandusky was historic but it is absolutely amazing that NBC sat on footage which was even more shocking. What were they thinking?
- I carry my driver's license and one credit card in an iPhone case and nothing else. (I was going to link to the case made by Case-Mate but I'm not sure they make it any longer.)
- Walmart and Aisle-Blocking-With-Cart-By-Oblivious-Customer go hand in hand, don't they?
- I don't know if it is a big deal, but teenager Cassie Smith out of Bridgeport is currently second in the West Texas Junior Open.
- The Messenger's website is still having problems. Even the home page was gone this morning. (I dont' even remember if the Mineral's Club or Wise County Singles Club are meeting this week.)
- The pic below is from yesterday . . . . ?
at 8:35 AM