- I got honked at yesterday (in a bad way), and I have no idea what I did to hack that pickup driving guy/gal off. Lighten up, Frances. I bet you had to hurry home to yell at your wife again.
- It seemed like Wise County Day at the driver's license administrative hearing office in Fort Worth yesterday. Four cops were down there to testify (and one more failed to show.)
- I've got the Cowtown Half Marathon this Sunday. "Someday you will no longer be able to do this. But that day is not today."
- The Dallas main post office shutting down so it can be consolidated with the one in Fort Worth is the biggest sign yet that the U.S. Postal Service is in serious trouble.
- "And Another". (Doesn't get its own post because of a blurry photo, little details, and not even an arrest.)
- Josh Hamilton meets with the press today in Rangers training camp. Prepare to hear, "I've already addressed that issue" about a million times. I would think his followers are beginning to tire of him.
- I like politics but I've had no interest in this contraception debate. Maybe if I was Catholic. But the vast majority of Catholics ignore that Church edict, right?
- Heard that in Mrs. LL softball practice that one kid tried to catch a fly ball with her eye socket. From the post injury description, it sounded like she took a left hook from Apollo Creed And her mom was there to freak out. Sorry I missed it.
- I was at another practice where the coach decided to do two simultaneous batting practices very close to one another. Competing line drives made it like a Civil War battlefield walking through it.
- "I need all the parents to help out and shag balls!" Since when does softball go like that?
- Swap Meet in Decatur this week which means the real news is that every fast food drive through line will be 15 cars deep.
- That would be Paradise model is still at it.
- WBAP's Hal Jay had a funny line when he learned that Rick Santorum was at a meet-n-greet at Vaquero in Westlake yesterday at $2,500 a head (which didn't even include a dinner but "light hors d'oeuvres"): "I'm glad to see Vaquero has come down on its prices."
- Edit: A buddy just busted in my office, threw down a Time magazine on my desk, and said, "You write like this guy and Dave Barry."
at 8:40 AM