- Motorcycle death in Dallas last night.
- And there was a big motorcycle crash in North Dallas this morning that shut down traffic. I don't know if it gave rise to a fatality.
- I think the hearing (which won't change anything) going on in Fort Worth reviewing the legal representation of a death row defendant are the same lawyers who represented Stephen York here in Wise County.
- The first link in a Google search for York turns up this amateur piece on the tragedy. Who is that guy? Definitely from Bridgeport.
- The lady who was severely injured last weekend when she was the passenger of the Chico man who crashed in downtown Fort Worth was the mother of the child who died last December in Boyd - - a death that police originally suspected, but later discounted, was the result of abuse. However, the lady was in the Wise County jail on a misdemeanor drug charge at the time of the child's death. She was released to attend the funeral.
- The Parker County Torture Guy received a life sentence yesterday. Everyone saw that coming. The victim, who is really country, was very upbeat after the trial as she spoke to reporters. You normally don't see that.
- The Star-Telegram is cutting its work force again.
- We slept with the windows open last night. Apparently The Family Cat considered that to be an invitation of an all night party of violently running from window to window to see if another animal is outside.
- News this morning that Fort Worth will purchase a device for police that will allow the "tracking of cell phones." But no one seems to know how it works.
- Breaking: Seven marines killed in . . . Arizona. (Helicopter crash.)
- Whomever was in charge of the crowd at the Republican debate last night must have been on the Mitt Romney payroll.
- Rick Santorum is one strange guy. I hope he's the GOP nominee because that would be the most entertaining matchup in the Fall.
- Mrs. LL took Defensive Driving yesterday. As she left after finishing the course, I texted her to "be careful." But I guess I didn't need to tell her that.
- She learned two things: (1) it's illegal to drive with flip flops on [is it?], and (2) the word "comedy" in "Comedy Club Defensive Driving" is loosely used.
- I could have sworn I saw an ABC News report last night about the lady below where she was shown in the middle of a residential area and remarking how the incoming bombs were landing indiscriminately around her with no sense of a target.
at 8:35 AM