- Reports from the Dallas Cowboys training camp are extremely boring. And I seriously doubt if some reporter truly knows if a backup tackle "struggled with his footwork in the morning session."
- Fox 4 News at 9:00 has started experimenting with live debates with Steve Eager playing a major role. Sometimes it's great, but last night's heavily edited one (obviously not "live") covering the Arizona law was awful.
- OK, painting was fun but I'm ready for it to be over.
- I'm insane now.
- Shout out to contractor/Wise Countian Scott Chapman who has bent over backwards helping me solve some home improvement problems.
- Vintage 1975 NFL photos. (You've got to an older guy to enjoy those, but there are some pretty good memories in there.)
- There was a time I would eat a cheeseburger and cheese fries at Snuffer's on Greenville Avenue. (The Morning News just published their "best burgers" article.)
- Homeownership rates had steadily risen since 1995 but now they are plummeting -- currently the rate is 66.9%.
- I'm absolutely convinced there is NO WAY Jane McGarry is writing for her twitter feed. Maybe a son? Daughter? Young producer at the station?
- Everyone is catching "Ranger Fever" but few remember that the last time they made the playoffs in the 1990s that they didn't even sellout their home playoff games.
- I looked for the handout comparing the budgets for Wise County Departments for last year and this year online but didn't see them.
- Sports Media News: Fox's Daryl "Moose" Johnston and Jay "I Spoke With The Coach A Second Ago" Glazer are moving to the NFL Network.
- Mexican violence bleeding over into the U.S.? Not so fast. As of May 26th, the number of murders in Juarez had reach 1,000 this year. The number across the border in El Paso? One. And it wasn't even drug related. (Texas Monthly, August 2010, p. 111)
at 8:24 AM