- Most interesting national news: (3) Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison calls a news conference today -- I bet she's staying, (2) There's been a big change to student loans - in a good way -- buried in the health care bill, (1) A college student goes to sleep by his hotel pool in Cancun on Spring Break and is found in a coma and nearly beaten to death later that night.
- The local news (3) A Keller two year old drowned in his family's pool, (2) Some lady was hit in the Chico High School parking lot yesterday and transported by ambulance -- and I don't think it was a kid that hit her, and (1) there was a pretty big wreck yesterday at 380 and business 380 out by the Sheriff's Office - a pretty dangerous area.
- I may try the above format for a bit to change things up a little.
- But did you see the parents of the drowned Keller kid on TV? The child died on Sunday and they are giving interviews on Tuesday -- something I could never do. And there was just something very weird about them.
- Brad Sham had a great quote yesterday about the impending implosion of Texas Stadium and its current state: "There comes a time when the frame is just a frame and the spirit has left."
- If you're a talk radio fan, prepare yourself: Sean Hannity is on a new book tour and hawking it every day. Why write a book? "To start the taking back of America," he says which is code for "Make a boatload of cash off the Kool-Aid drinkers that follow me."[Edit: And if he says it all goes to "charity", uh, not so fast my friend.]
- Fox 4 Good Day's Lauren Przybyl just doesn't do it for me.
- I'm about 70% through with my Bataan Death March book. I knew that piece of history would be bad, but the horrors are indescribable.
- It's the 15th Anniversary of the murder of Selena today and, admit it, if you're white you had no idea who she was back then. But I remember realizing how large the Hispanic population was by the number of back windshields I saw with "We'll Miss You, Selena!" scribbled in shoe polish.
- Yesterday a couple of guys and I reminisced about the old Sunday night Dallas' Sportitorium wrestling show . It was must see TV as kid.
- The Dallas Morning News weather blog (yes, they have one) asked this question yesterday: "Where were you when it hit 80 degrees yesterday and 'the streak' ended?" Sheesh.
- Just think if there had been a runoff between Kay Bailey and Rick Perry -- we would being bombarded with their ads right now.
- Edit: I keep forgetting to mention the death on Monday of Decatur lawyer Kendall Hill who was in horrible shape ever since being in this place crash last year.
at 8:24 AM