- Saw the footage of parking lot cam of an old white man walking by (before his beaten to death for $10) only to see two black guys walk in front of the camera shortly thereafter. The cops aren't saying they did it, they just want to talk to them. I cringe if they did it, and I cringe for the damage to race relations if they did not.
- This Toyota recall is just weird. They seem disorganized, not 100% sure of exactly if there is a problem or how to fix it, or what cars are impacted.
- Mike Leach and Tech are ordered to enter into mediation to try and resolve their spat. Chances of resolution: Zero.
- Bridgeport having budget issues? Saw some pretty big cost cuts mentioned in the paper.
- The Baptists trying to smuggle the Haitian kids out the country are in big trouble. Big trouble.
- The Tea Party folks are mad that Sarah Palin is endorsing Rick Perry.
- I think I'm getting to the point where I don't like looking at the local obituaries because there are too many names I recognize. Today was my favorite little league baseball coach.
- Speaking of Palin, her outrage over the use of the word "retarded" seems manufactured.
- Newspaper trouble: I went to a Dallas Morning News rack in Decatur before 8:00 a.m. this morning and found only two papers in it. And I bet that's not because the others had already been purchased. I bet it's because of expected demand.
- It's kind of hard to explain, but I've got a fake laughing monkey in my office this morning.
- Edit: Ugh. Forgot to mention the lady in the metroplex who is flying the U.S. Flag upside down because she thinks we got us an Obama emergency going on. Hey, Tommy Lee Jones already did that in the Valley Of Elah because of our screwed up war decisions.
- Edit #2: We've got 31 more dead in Iraq.
at 8:30 AM