- Is the recession finally breaking?: Yesterday GM, Ford, and locally based D.R. Horton reported last quarter profits for the first time in a long time.
- On at least three occasions over the years I've heard radio talk show hosts refer to Jay Novacek as being less than pleasant off the field. But I've heard none of that over the last couple of days. Maybe he's a good guy after all.
- House fires are disturbing to watch. It makes you feel like you are at a funeral.
- Watched some of Lost last night. I've got friends that love it, but I think that show is downright silly.
- I've got an episode of Modern Family recorded. Gonna give it a try.
- Who would have thought Rick Perry would be trouncing Kay Bailey like he is doing?
- A group of musicians re-recorded We Are The World to benefit Haiti? Why make the rest of us suffer through that song again?
- 10 Sexiest Super Bowl Commercials of all time.
- While you were sleeping: 20 killed in Iraq. Let freedom reign. (I know I harp on this all the time, but I was in the minority in the very beginning thinking the Iraqi war was a huge mistake.)
- I've got a very close friend whose wife was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. And the initial diagnosis and treatment sounds excruciating -- mentally and physically. It's difficult to come up with the right words of comfort.
at 8:20 AM