- While you were sleeping: Orchestrated blasts kill over 100 in
IranIraq*. Dumbest. War. Ever.
- Zhu Zhu pets? Never heard of them. But they were all over the news yesterday when some private "consumer group" reported they were unsafe. Then the group retracts its report this morning. Weird. But great publicity for a silly toy.
- I'm feeling pretty, pretty good about my prediction of the Cowboys going 1-4 over the last 5 games.
- All the geeks got excited yesterday when Google announced its search results will offer a "real time" option. I'm excited too but can't get it to work.
- Racism in the Denton County DA's office? I'm not sure the offended prosecutor "cried all the way home." I'm telling you, those people aren't capable of crying.
- Got a giggle out of Fort Worth PI lawyer Geno Borchardt's rant (at the -0.24 mark) about TCU on Dale Hansen's Sports Special last Sunday. (Oddly, he never attended TCU.)
- You baseball folks love Pudge Rodriguez? Well, he's gone from the Rangers.
- Tiredest closing argument in a criminal case: "Send a message to the community!" I think they learn that in Prosecutor School 101.
- We have People and Time available in my law firm's lobby. New issues, too. I think my law partner cringes about People being out there.
- Just my monthly rant about how out of touch WBAP's Hal Jay is. And Mark Davis has turned into a deranged man ever since President Obama was elected. His hatred is palpable.
- My secretary just called me moody without calling me moody.
- News only I care about: I managed to sneak into the last playoff spot in our Courthouse Fantasy Football League by winning the last game by a shocking .15 points. Anyone else in the county hanging on every run and catch of Ray Rice last night like I was?
- You always hear the career advice of "do what you love." Problem: Everyone else wants to do that, and you can't make any money doing it.
at 8:21 AM