- I cannot imagine what it was like to be a TCU fan and watch the Texas/Nebraska game last night. It comes down to one field goal with one second left and a chance to go to the National Championship game. One more yard to the left and the Frogs are going to Pasadena. They might not get that close again in the next 50 years.
- What was Colt McCoy thinking last night as he obliviously ran around as the clock ran down to, literally, one second?
- Mack Brown saw his coaching career flash before his eyes. If the clock had ran down to :00 instead of :01, that might have been as memorable as his 2005 National Championship game.
- A kickoff out of bounds and a horse collar tackle hands UT a Championship bid. Every National Championship team has to be lucky at some point. Every one.
- Alabama opens as a four point favorite of Texas. If Texas plays like they did last night, Alabama would beat them by 30.
- Then again, Texas is 25-1 over the last two years. I'd be scared to bet against them.
- And did you see the Dr. Pepper Halftime Competition of two girls trying to throw 10 footballs through a circle about 5 yards away? HeeLarious.
- And they are predicting that TCU will play Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl. Boring. But if they win, I suppose they'll end up #2 in the nation.
- Edit: Holy cow. After the Final BCS poll came out, Cincinnati had leap frogged TCU so even if Texas had lost to Nebraska, TCU would not have played in the Championship Game.
- Link to the Tim Tebow eBay ad above. Funny.
- Actual photo of Texas' winning placekicker Hunter Lawrence. Son, these are the best days of your life:
at 11:21 AM