- The Ft. Hood shooter ending up being alive was a shocking development, but Sean Hannity on Fox News read the bulletin like he was reading his grocery list.
- On 287 yesterday afternoon, I saw three big military vehicles pulled off to the side of the road with about 12 soldiers out of the vehicles -- some on cell phones. I'm sure they had heard about the shooting and were trying to get info.
- You knew the Redneck Panic Meter would go off the chart once it was learned that the shooter's name didn't sound 'merican.
- The shooter's family says that he had been hurt by being called a "camel jockey" by fellow soldiers.
- Killeen now has two huge mass killings on the list of America's worst. (Although I couldn't find the list.) The other was the killing of 23 people at a Luby's in 1991.
- Judge Andrew Napolitano, the consultant to Fox News, is either reckless with the truth or an idiot. He said this morning that Texas law requires "planning" and "premeditation" on the part of a defendant before he can be sentenced to death for capital murder. That's simply wrong.
- This tragedy will add to the Texas I-35 Trail of Tears list: Dallas (JFK assassination) to Waco (Branch Davidians) to Killeen (the Luby's mass murder/Ft. Hood) to Jarrell (tornado) to Austin (the UT Tower shooting) to San Antonio (the Alamo.)
- The Fox 4 morning weather guy says the temperature gauge in Decatur is messed up (reading too high) and he's going to start ignoring it until it gets fixed.
- Weird pet peeve: Someone saying something so outrageous that it is obviously a joke but then feeling the need to follow it up with "just kidding."
- Crazy Texas Tech coach Mike Leach made a cameo on Friday Night Lights. Pretty funny.
- Just announced this morning: The unemployment rate has now reached 10.2% Somehow that is going to be Obama's fault.
- Those apartments in Decatur on College Street that burned earlier this year? They are actually rebuilding them instead of tearing the structure down and starting over.
- Think I'm the only one that thinks baseball is a beating? Out of 56 TV markets, DFW ranked 53rd in viewership of the World Series.
at 8:04 AM