- The TABC raid of the gay friendly Rainbow Lounge in Fort Worth has lead to a ton of knee jerk reactions. How far has it gone? A city-sponsored diversity task force recommended yesterday that city insurance cover sex-change operations.
- Our Sheriff had a 5 pound 14 ounce bundle of joy yesterday. Well, his wife had the baby.
- The Yankees win the world series with nine players who make over $10 million a year and a total payroll over $200 million. And this is supposed to be a competitive sport? You baseball fans are crazy.
- The serial killer I mentioned yesterday now has a body count up to 11.
- I'm looking forward to Sarah Palin's book tour. There's no way she won't say something crazy.
- In my endless journey to attend football stadiums, I thought about seeing an Arkansas game in Fayetteville this weekend. Except there is no easy way to get to Fayetteville.
- And the fact that the Decatur County Court at Law scheduled hearings for late Friday afternoon didn't help my planning schedule.
- Whataburger in Decatur now has some drive through traffic go to the outside lane where an employee will come out, deliver your food, take your money, go back inside, and come back with change. That beats me down and makes me feel compelled to tip.
- Motorcycle death yesterday. Cooler weather = more bikers = more of these stories.
- Saw a lawyer at a driver's license hearing in Fort Worth yesterday who had no idea what he was doing. And I see him in Decatur from time to time.
- Huge Wise County employer Devon had a tough third quarter: They saw net income fall to half a billion dollars. Did I say half a billion? Yes. Yes, I did.
- Two actresses I love that haven't had any fun girl roles lately: Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson.
- Runaway Bay officers arrested a 17 year old yesterday for cussing. Yep, cussing. He spent the night in the Wise County Jail.
- In 2002, Troy Aikman was called during halftime of a game he was broadcasting and offered the job of quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. Really.
at 8:17 AM