- As goofy as the public is, I'm amazed at the continued popularity of 60 Minutes. I actually watched it for the the first time in a while last night and was surprised to see one of the stories anchored by Lara Logan, who has the great combo of being hot and having a sexy accent. (And I recognize the inherent irony of this random thought.)
- Movie box office rankings for the year. I love stuff like that. And when I panned down to the bottom I saw Kevin Costner's Swing Vote which looked so awful that no one saw it.
- I can't believe the UT is as good as they are, and I don't know who can possibly beat them. Scary thought: They are supposed to be better next year.
- One more UT note: QB Colt McCoy was 29 of 32 in passing on Saturday. Absolutely insane. I can't believe I'm saying this but right here, right now, I wouldn't put take him out even if I had Vince Young on the sideline to replace him.
- I want to see Oliver Stone's W.
- The State Fair's web site suggests everyone take the same exit if you are approaching on I-30 from the west. That's dumb. I overshot the caravan of cars trying to take it on Texas/OU weekend, took the next exit, and was parked within 10 minutes.
- From the Dallas Morning News on Sunday: "Last season, there were probably 1,000 [deer] shot in Texas that would qualify as trophies by almost any whitetail hunter's definition. At least 90 percent of them were shot while they ate corn." That is, corn that was released by battery operated feeders. That is the equivalent of fishing in a barrel.
- Just when you thought the McCain backers couldn't get any more beaten down, Colin Powell endorses Obama. And most McCain backers would rather vote for Powell than McCain.
- Frequent commentator Denny Crane.
- Messenger photographer Joe Duty reflects back about drag queens in Chico. (Oddest. Sentence. Ever.)
- BoDunkADunk. Or, as I tend to say, "Hey, now."
- There are calls to fire Wade Phillips this morning and handing the reins to coach-in-waiting Jason Garrett. Uh, what's Jason done that qualifies him as a genius?
- Ate lunch at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine this weekend. Hottest waitresses ever?
- Someday, soon, some player is going to die in the NFL. (Prompted by the hit Ike Hilliard took last night on Sunday Night Football.) Other observation: The rule about "not leading with the crown of the helmet during a tackle" is ignored on every play.
- Game 7 of the American League Championship series was on TBS? "Enjoy" baseball while you can - it will be dead soon.
- Craziest story I didn't see until this morning: "Man kills himself at crowded Hurst park"
at 6:51 PM