- ESPN had the most confusing online poll in the history of polls yesterday.
- Twinkies and Ding Dongs are in jeopardy because Hostess is at odds with the bakers union. Wait, there's a bakers union?
- Someone asked yesterday if we are finally getting to the point that NFL players are too big and too fast to safely play the game. Maybe.
- For some reason yesterday, I watched the (deleted) scene from The Exorcist where Regan did the "spider walk" (walking upside down on all fours) down the staircase. Last night, I looked up and saw the Fourth-Grader-In-The-House playfully doing the same crazy walk down our stairs. (And no, she's never seen the scene, I had not talked about it, and it was 100% coincidence.) But it freaked me out.
- It surprised me to learn that Jerry Sandusky had not been sentenced. It happens October 9th.
- Yesterday was the 150 year anniversary of the Battle of Antietam -- the bloodiest day in America. Two things: (1) I'd love to visit Civil War battlegrounds, and (2) I have the hardest time remembering how to pronounce "Antietam".
- Jim Carrey is dating a "Hey, Now."
- I finally read a chapter of a book using an e-reader. The part that allows highlighting and notes almost seemed like a game-changer for me.
- I took a long walk around the neighborhood yesterday evening. I could do that for hours this time of year.
- Paradise ISD is getting 250 Macbook Airs? It seems like the statewide school budget crunch from one year ago is now a distant memory.
- It'll be a little quiet around here today. I have a DWI trial unless we can reach a last minute agreement. (Speaking of, Atlanta running back Michael Turner scored a touchdown last night on Monday Night Football and then later got arrested for DUI.)
at 8:30 AM