- American Airlines is walking a tightrope with news of over 300 flights having been cancelled this weekend due to pilots calling in sick, and yesterday an American Eagle jet was delayed for five hours because of a fight - - between flight attendants.
- It's behind a paywall, but Dallas DA Craig Watkins hired a lawyer to run the DA's Civil Division. Eyebrows are raised because that new hire paid the DA's wife $88,000 in fees for her role as a political consultant. Watkins borders on sleazy.
- The vibe of the news surrounding ABC's Robin Roberts ongoing medical condition is not good.
- I lost my DWI trial. I thought it was a tough case going in but became optimistic with the make up of the jury. They deliberated almost three hours, and went over the roadside video with a fine tooth comb. They worked hard and took their job seriously -- can't ask for more than that.
- It was still a kick in the gut, though. Almost everyone else involved in the criminal trial process is pretty relaxed and carefree -- but the criminal defense side of the table is exactly the opposite. The stakes are so much higher.
- After is was over, the lead State's witness (a trooper) kindly acknowledged me as he headed for the stairwell. That was nice and professional. Some of those guys take a trial personally.
- I'll admit I was weeks behind the "Gangnam Style" phenomenon. In case you're like me, you can see the video here which has 221 million youtube hits.
- The four story, 188,000 square foot Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital - Alliance has opened at I-35 and Golden Triangle Boulevard. That's only 33 miles away from Decatur
- The big wigs at Fox are denying it, but allegedly the local Fox 4 affiliate has interviewed a "Hey, now" for an anchor position. If hired, that means a big shake up.
- I doubt if this will get any traction but there's now an old video of Mitt Romney surfacing where he kinda-joking-kinda-not says, "When I was a boy, I used to think that becoming rich and becoming famous would make me happy. Boy was I right."
- This appears to be the kid who was driving the vehicle that went off the road near Alvord yesterday. (Facebook.)
- I haven't done a Lake Bridgeport fishing report in a while, but you might want to know "Black bass are good on Texas rigged Zoom Baby Brush Hogs in California 420 and Darkhorse Custom Jigs in pumpkin/orange." California 420?
- A rich and high profile Dallas guy gets a girl pregnant, tricks her into having an abortion because of a genetic flaw he convinces her the child will have, and then agrees to pay her a quarter of a million dollars. She then sues him.
at 8:33 AM