- If there were an electoral college tie (and it is possible), the House selects the President and the Senate selects the Vice-President. Romney/Biden 2012?
- According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, LSU and TCU will meet in the 2013 Cowboys Stadium Classic at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. It will be like a home game for LSU with the number of people they will bring.
- Students at Texas were griping about the text messaging system not working perfectly last Friday when the "clear the campus" message went out. Sheesh. I knew about the alert in Decatur moments after it happened.
- And with that many buildings on campus, how in the world can they ever determine that a bomb was not in one of them?
- And that UT president is one strange looking guy especially when he holds a press conference in a Nike turtleneck shirt and a jacket.
- The NFL Red Zone channel may be the greatest sports channel ever.
- First SMU date rape case in years to be prosecuted.
- Low moment this weekend: During my jog I was passed by lady with a stroller
- Federal, state and local government employs 22 million people. The number of people indirectly employed by the government (i.e. me, who has no job if there weren't cops, prosecutors, and judges) has to be many times more than that. And you think big government is a bad thing? Those people buy things and need services that keep the private sector functioning.
- Hockey is officially in a strike/lockout. Anyone care?
- Great picture of the moment of impact when Sean Lee of the Cowboys got crushed yesterday.
- The Talking Heads' David Byrne was featured in Time magazine. Make that a white haired David Byrne who still oozes coolness.
- If you would have taken my betting advice from Friday you would now own your home mortgage free (Alabama) but you would have to pay $20 (Texas).
- Wrong way driver in Irving last night (that's a lot of damage in that photo.)
- The Update reports a stabbing in Bridgeport over the weekend. This is the street.
at 8:32 AM