- Neil Armstrong's funeral is Friday. It is only fitting that there is a full moon that night. Really.
- For all of this hype over Isaac, does anyone realize it is not even a hurricane yet? (At least as I wrote this.) The bang-to-hype ratio seems all out of whack on this storm.
- The more I think about it, the weirder those "conditions" on Dez Bryant's life are. There has to be something going on behind the scenes, and why in the world did the Cowboys make the conditions public? I wonder if they are setting him up to fail so as to save face once they cut him.
- The Onion does a parody on the "And Another" phenomenon and, interestingly, they base it in Fort Worth. (Thanks, Keith.)
- The Doberman scratched up our floor with his Freddy Krueger-like toenails. Mrs. LL promises she can fix it. I just stood there and stared at it. She just said, "Don't worry." She says that to me a lot.
- Some are saying the Aggie/Louisiana Tech game (in Shreveport on Thursday) and the LSU/North Texas game (Saturday in Baton Rouge) are in jeopardy due to Isaac. I don't see that happening.
- Mitt Romney's "birth certificate" joke last week didn't bother me at all.
- But I did see an interview yesterday with Romney and his wife where she was bragging about how she bought him a three-pack of shirts from Costco. They might want to rethink that. The Rich Guy image is a better image than the Pandering Guy image.
- Times Square "crutches fight." People are crazy.
- I've had a strange two nights of "sleep". I'm having horrible dreams and wake up every thirty minutes. I then fall back asleep within five minutes and fall right back into the dream. By three a.m., I was trying to force myself to think of something happy as I drifted off in hopes of controlling the dream. It didn't work.
- I asked Mrs. LL this morning if she stood in the bedroom last night and told me about a weird rash on her rib cage and then showed it to me. She hadn't.
- In 1974, I was kid on a Saturday afternoon watching a college football game on TV because it was the only thing on. Notre Dame and USC. Notre Dame went up to a 24-0 lead shortly before halftime. I then watched in amazement as USC stormed back to win the game 55-24. I kept looking around the house to tell someone about it but my mom wasn't particularly interested. So it was just me, the announcers, and the crowd at the Colosseum in Los Angeles. I sat there enthralled, and I've been hooked on college football ever since.
- Ten deaths are listed in the Update today.
- A Bowie man is believed to have died of the West Nile Virus (pending state confirmation) but he was in the "Decatur Hospital."
at 8:33 AM