- "First, I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth." JFK, May 25, 1961.
- Neil Armstrong, First Man To Walk On The Moon, August 5, 1930 – August 25, 2012.
- I specifically remember that Summer of 1969 as a kid, looking to night sky, and thinking, "Wow. They are up there."
- Changing gears, the "new rules" for Dez Bryant are insane. He's a 23 year old man being treated like he's 12.
- The courthouse crew had our Fantasy Football draft last night. When we began a few years back, it was a small party. Now it's more of a "can we get this thing over with?"
- And at those drafts we are getting more and more, "Who's he?" after a player is picked.
- It's the First Day Of School this week for most of Texas. And I suppose tears are flowing.
- Speaking of tears, Mrs. LL watched some of all of Titanic, The Notebook, and the wedding episode of The Office on Saturday.
- But I fear I might was ruined that Notebook moment of "I wrote you 365 letters" because we both started to giggle about McKayla Maroney not being impressed.
- I took the Doberman for a walk on Saturday morning. Or he took me for a walk. Good grief those dogs are strong. And I was praying he wouldn't see a squirrel.
- 2016 Obama's America finished ninth in the country this weekend. Ok, that's impressive -- especially considering the number of theaters it is showing in.
- The shooting at the Empire State Building was bizarre in that all nine of the bystanders who were hit were hit by bullets originating from the guns of the police. Also, the most gruesome photos of both the gunman and his one victim on the streets of New York appeared on the Internet within minutes.
- It's not Katrina, but it appears Hurricane Issac is headed towards New Orleans.
- Japan beat Tennessee in the Little League World Series over the weekend. That doesn't seem fair: A country playing a state.
- Late Friday a California jury awarded $1 billion to Apple in its patent lawsuit against Samsung. But get this: The jury had to answer over 700 questions.
- It's close to the NFL's final cut down day and here's the latest on the 49ers and Bridgeport's Colin Jones.
at 8:35 AM