- In light of suspended defensive coach Gregg Williams being caught on tape telling his players to target body parts of particular players, The Fan's Richie Whitt said yesterday that his pee wee football team would chant, "Kill. Kill. Blood makes the grass grow." So did mine.
- When I can, I like sitting down for Opening Day. Then I get bored by inning number two.
- Did that Arkansas coach really think no one would find out? That no one would request a copy of the accident report?
- I don't think I ever had the Easter Bunny come visit me at night when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure my house wasn't going to trick up a religious holiday.
- I used to think it was silly when a governor toured the site of the disaster. I still do, but I also understand how I'd feel if I perceived state government as not caring at all. All in all, I'd rather him show up.
- There were a lot of kids in my house for a sleepover last night.
- I think everyone in the world has lost interest in the Republican primary process.
- When I'm in line at the grocery store, I always think the person behind me is looking at my items and making a judgment about me.
- I got to watch Ann Curry on The Today Show this morning. Man, I miss the joy of head shaking that she gave me.
- Whatever happened to Suzy Bogguss?
- There will be free wifi at DFW Airport beginning on September 1st. That's hard to believe.
- The story of the 80 year old lady landing the plane after her husband/pilot collapsed and died is really amazing. (Audio was released yesterday of the event.) I'd have to tell the control tower my experience consisted of playing Microsoft Flight Simulator for about two hours without one successful landing.
- Video of hail destroying a car in this week's storms.
- Breaking: The unemployment rate fell to 8.2% last month. Remember, that's good news for your country.
- Joe Avezzano's death while running scares me senseless.
- Dallas Cowboy first round bust Bobby Carpenter was signed by the Patriots yesterday. That will be the fifth NFL team he has spared to death.
- I saw a Wise County pastor on Facebook cheering the fact that JC Penny laid off 14% of its staff at its Plano headquarters yesterday -- he attributed it to the "protest" of the company having Ellen Degeneres as a spokesperson. I'm speechless.
- A drunk guy showed up at an Austin Walmart last night and police were called. The result: An Austin police officer was shot dead.
at 8:29 AM