- I watched some of Platoon this weekend and realized that Johnny Depp has a minor role as one of the soldiers.
- A meat and fish salesman came by the house last week. Based upon the amount of fish and meat in the refrigerator, he was a very good salesman.
- I asked Mrs. LL if she bought a lottery ticket. She said she did. I asked how many. She said "twenty" -- followed by a pause and a "kidding."
- The Lady Aggies had this yell leader play the part of Baylor's Britney Griner in practice. (And with one more win to go, I still think the Baylor women's team (39-0) has to be at least considered as the best ever.)
- Wrestlemania over the weekend in Miami had a paid attendance of 78,363 and who knows how much in pay-per-view receipts. Now that is Idiocracy.
- A movie shown at SXSW, "America's Parking Lot" prominently features Decatur resident Stan "Tiger" Shultz. I think it's about tailgating at the old Texas Stadium.
- Hey, now.
- Heck of an upcoming sports week: Men's and Women's basketball championships, The Masters, and Opening Day for the Rangers.
- I've never had any desire to skydive, and the news of a man dying in Central Texas over the weekend when his parachute did not fully open pretty much solidifies that feeling.
- Gruesome last week: A 10 year old's body is being sought in Ellis County -- police believe he was starved to death, a teenager is gunned down in a residential neighborhood in Wylie, and a two year old wanders off and drowns in a pool near Houston. Depressing.
- Mrs. LL and I ate Habanero's restaurant in Fort Worth on Friday evening and then I saw a comment on here about it a little later.
- The Wise County Messenger brought home the sweepstakes award for twice-weekly newspapers in the 2012 North and East Texas Press Association Better Newspaper Contest. How many "twice-weekly" newspapers are there?
- I saw a pitcher in a Girls 10 and Under league strike out five in a row on Saturday morning. That came right after she hit three out of four batters.
- Sarah Palin is going to host the Today Show for one hour tomorrow. She called in today to promote her appearance and Matt Lauer asked her is she was preparing by reading newspapers. Ouch.
at 8:34 AM