- Looking at the tornado damage under the light of the next day was just jaw dropping. I'll repeat what everyone else says: It's a miracle no one died.
- When a first responder declines to be called a hero and instead says, "I was just doing my job", I always tend to agree.
- The Star-Telegram has a story of a man being released early from probation. That hardly ever happens in Wise County. In fact, I refuse to be hired on those cases since I think the chances of success are basically non-existent.
- Yep, the Frisco girl kidnapped-and-taken-to-Oklahoma story has faded into oblivion.
- Mrs. LL, who is still kind of new to softball, beaned the Third Grader In The House last night while playing catch in the back yard. Said Third Grader acted like she had been hit by a sniper. Good times.
- Motorcycle death in Richardson last night.
- The Rangers today unveil the statue of the guy who died when he fell over the railing last year. I just don't understand that.
- Every year the Augusta National Golf Club comes under criticism about its discriminatory practices in selecting its members. And every year they bring out some boob who absolutely butchers a press conference because he simply can't say, "We are a private organization in America and, just like you have the absolute right to decide who enters your home, we have the right to choose our members."
- American Airlines still has 63 planes out with hail damage and 323 flights have been cancelled for today. What a headache.
- Description of Mrs. LL trying to catch fly balls: Get underneath it, hold glove out, do a crazy dance where her feet look like fast moving pistons, and then get out of the way while laugh-screaming. (In all fairness, she got the hang of it shortly thereafter.)
- President Obama's statement that the Supreme Court overturning a law "passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress" would be "an unprecedented, extraordinary step" was reckless and can't be defended. I tried to parse it in such a way that it makes sense but couldn't do it. (That being said, the federal judge on the 5th Circuit who took umbrage to the remark is a nutcase.)
- For me, I think we are in the middle of the best three weather days of the year. I wish Texas was like this year round.
- Hey, Liberally Lean Tourney Winners, I'm getting the prize selections of winners 1-3 and then I'll move on to 4-6. I have not pocketed the prizes and fled to Costa Rica. Considered it, yes. Done it, no.
at 8:33 AM