- One of those news helicopters is going to go down one of these days trying to get footage of a tornado.
- But that video of the trailers being tossed around like toys in Lancaster is riveting.
- Yesterday was bad, but one of these days a massive tornado is going to hit the metroplex. And with subdivisions all over the place, it's going to be historic.
- I'm not giving Pete Delkus credit for his pre-tornado rants. If anything, it makes us slow to react when really bad weather does bear down on us. (And he warned of the possibility of 60 mile per hour straight line winds. That wasn't exactly Nostradamus-like.)
- I'm still not sure if DFW Airport was shut down yesterday evening or just most flights cancelled as they were checked for damage from the hail storm that moved through there. (American took 80 planes out of service for inspection.) I mean, there wouldn't be a reason to cancel inbound flights once the storms cleared out.
- "God was looking out for us." - A common refrain from those whose homes were badly damaged but spared bodily injury or death. Always, to me, one of the great theological things to ponder.
- Cops declared a curfew in the worst areas of damage. Honestly, I don't know if they have the authority to do that.
- Channel 8 had coverage of a home where two 4X4 boards blew threw a window and pierced a wall. I wish I could find a link to it. Amazing.
- Cumulus made an odd decision yesterday when it simulcast weather coverage on WBAP, KLIF, The Ticket, and probably at least two other stations they own.
- And I can't watch tornado news coverage without remembering Troy Dungan not being able to find downtown Fort Worth on the map when a tornado was roaring through in 2000.
- I'm still tracking down the winners of the Liberally Lean Tourney. I've got two identified and should get to the rest today.
- You could see Baylor coach Kim Mulkey's diagnosis of Bell's Palsy revealing itself on TV last night. I felt sorry for her to have to suffer through that during a career highlight.
- And I suppose I'll her from the guy/gal who wants to tell me how so much better UConn was a few years back. You realize the starting five for the Baylor girls are coming back next year, don't you?
- Back to weather, here's a really good collection of photos and videos from yesterday put together by Texas Monthly.
at 8:30 AM