- Breaking news which will floor political junkies: Andrew Breitbart is dead at age
- Still not a single story about the success of the Traffic Ticket Warrant Roundup Weekend. And for clarification, I'm not advocating not paying your tickets. That's dumb. I am pointing out how your government will flat out lie to you.
- Received my new phone yesterday. Activation online failed, but a call to ATT had it working in a couple of minutes and I didn't even talk to a human. Bonus points for not having to talk to a human.
- I haven't explored it yet, but if Siri is in there, I don't readily see her. Playing hard to get?
- That was the mildest February I can ever remember, and I think I read that we tied a record for the fewest freeze days for a winter. I hope it's not a sign of what summer is going to be like.
- George Jung, who Johnny Depp portrayed in the great movie Blow, is scheduled to be released from prison in 2014. He currently is incarcerated in Texas.
- The ring leader of the Texas Seven was executed last night. The lead prosecutor in the case, Toby Shook, was in attendance -- giving even more credence to my "look at me" theory of prosecutors these days. And Dallas DA Craig Watkins attended as well. Unless he was part of the defense team at the time, he had absolutely no business being there.
- I'm a sucker for white blooms on trees.
- In 1967, the Monkees sold more albums than The Rollings Stones and The Beatles combined. I would have lost a bet on that one.
- A Fort Worth police officer received 20 years in prison for an on-duty sexual assault in 2010. That's shocking enough, but not as shocking of the fact that there were four other victims who came forward. Talk about a bad cop.
- It looks like the Frisco teenage girl "kidnapping" story will fade silently into the night.
- It won't help criminal defense lawyers in Texas much, but finally there is one federal court of appeals which ruled searching a cell phone without a warrant is illegal.
- Tiger Woods staring down the reporter yesterday was more entertaining than watching golf.
- Edit: Is there about to be a one week window for new Texas candidates to file to be on the ballot in May?
at 8:30 AM