- An Arlington teacher is arrested after having an Improper Relationship with two eighteen year old students. That was "two."
- Dang it, Romney won Michigan. But it was close enough for Santorum to keep the pressure on.
- And if conservative Texas Republicans hadn't gotten greedy when redrawing Congressional maps, Santorum would have easily won our state's primary next week and received a ton of momentum. But those maps led to lawsuits (and a new map yesterday) which pushed the Texas primary back to May.
- The ring leader of the famed Texas Seven - escapees from TDC which led to the murder of an
ArlingtonIrving, Texas police officer - will be executed tonight. One interesting note is that a reporter for WFAA Channel 8 will watch the execution.
- I was completely insensitive to not thinking of bagofnothing.com and his new baby when I asked about "whatever happened to SIDS" the other day. He knows.
- I finally ordered an iPhone 4S. I've had a 3GS for about three years but it now won't hold a charge for more than 15 minutes if I'm using it. I know Apple will announce a new iPad in a few days, but I haven't heard about the imminent release of a new phone.
- Mrs. LL swears up and down the Android phone operating system is better.
- The atmosphere in the Montague County courthouse is just odd. Not particularly friendly but not particularly intimidating. My biggest complaint about the judicial system is when government officials have a work pattern that is based first on foremost on their convenience. Wise County has always been good about avoiding that flaw.
- Is there any significant historical event that happened on Leap Year's Day?
- Me to Mrs. LL after watching a portion of a school band recital last night and enthusiastically applauding: "Well, I'm going to go to the bathroom and keep on walking." Her: "You're kidding." Me: "Well, is the Eighth Grader in the House going to play in any other segment?" Her: "Her group hasn't played yet."
- In 2010, less that 2% of all felony cases in Texas resulted in a jury trial. The remainder were disposed of by plea bargain or dismissal.
- Another reason I think the Ticket Warrant Roundup Weekend is a bluff. Since they announce the specific two days of the roundup, people with warrants just wouldn't open the door if the cops came knocking. There isn't an officer in the world who is going to break down a door to execute a Class C traffic ticket warrant.
- The Mav's Lamar Odom is like the pilot opposite Tom Cruise in the opening of Top Gun. He was fantastic (as a Laker) until the MIG almost got him (being traded) but after that he couldn't even land a plane (shoot a basket) because he's traumatized.
at 8:32 AM