- The first question by ESPN to winning Alabama coach Nick Saban concerned what his deceased father would think of the win. I soooo wanted Saban to say, "Did you seriously just ask that?"
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, with Mitt Romney at his side, says something pretty shocking to a female heckler. (And what size is his belt? "Equator"?)
- Hostess filed for bankruptcy/reorganization. Do they make Ding Dongs?
- Ticket fans: If you are being driven insane by those Sweetjack commercials and wondering why that company we spend so much on advertising, look who owns both the Ticket and Sweetjack.
- Mrs. LL upon seeing the new Tom Hanks movie trailer last night (as I sat beside her not paying attention): "You want to see that?" Me: "Uh...I'd have to see the trailer again." Her: "Back it up then." Me: "I don't want to see it that badly." Her: [Glaring]
- A popular doctor at Cook's Children's Hospital dies at the age of 51 after falling off of his bike. I bet that news made lots and lots of families stop down across the metroplex.
- As the Right Wing realizes that Mitt Romney is nothing other than John McCain 2.0, I bet Newt Gingrich makes one last big run at the nomination before everything is said and done.
- Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church (one of the hip mega-churches in the metroplex) will spend 24 hours in bed with his wife on the roof of the church to promote their new book, "Sexperiment." It's a modern day money-changer in the Temple, isn't it? (If they were to get hit by lightning, I'd absolutely believe it was a bolt directly from God.)
- I don't think I've ever seen so much high school basketball coverage in the Update. (And I'm not real sure much of the county is worried about Slidell's streak --- no offense to the loyal readers in Slidell.)
- Baylor could have scored on Alabama. They might have been beaten 70-7, but they could have at least scored.
- Snoop Dogg gets arrested in Texas for marijuana possession. The most interesting thing about the story is that he just received the equivalent of a traffic ticket for the Class C offense of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (like possessing a roach clip, bong, or rolling papers). But the story says he had over two ounces of marijuana which should be a Class A misdemeanor (the equivalent of DWI-Second, Theft of $500, Assault-Bodily Injury, etc.)
- Mrs. LL asked me what note we should put in The Family Cat's collar. I suggested, "This is a suicide mission. Help a kitty out."
at 8:32 AM