- Now that's a cold wind out there.
- New controversy: U.S. Marines urinating on the dead bodies of the Taliban. We're better than that. Or at least I think we are.
- Rhome PD has a motorcycle? Hearing reports that the answer is "yes".
- Saw a headline where a guy in Lubbock pled guilty to capital murder to avoid getting the death penalty. He had met his victim through a "dating service", it said, so I had to see what it was. The answer: BootyCall.com. What could possibly go wrong?
- People's Choice Awards observations from last night: (1) Adam Sandler is no longer funny, and (2) Faith Hill has discovered botox.
- The Tarrant County DA's office has turned into Pravda. Their PR person tweets yesterday, "Eddie Dorris [sentenced] to maximum 20 yrs in prison this afternoon for aggravated assault for brutally beating his ex-lover." They failed to mention that they had charged him with, but failed to receive a conviction for, Attempted Capital Murder which carried with it a maximum of life in prison.
- Paying for a product or service on the spot with your cell phone makes a lot of sense. I'm just not sure how it will work.
- Hot water heater issue: Mine seems to not be producing as much hot water. I checked it last night and the pilot light was on, and I saw the full flame kick on once someone was taking a bath. The only thing I can think of is that its internal temperature gauge is screwed up by reading the water as hotter than it actually is. I mean, if the full flame stayed on longer the problem would be solved, right? (The temperature knob/doohickey was set to "Very Hot.") ........Edit: I never knew that my readership was 100% composed of the Ghost of George Carlin.
- Comment on "tankless hot water heater" in three, two, . . .
- Today's Update oddly informs you about what dumps are closed for MLK Jr. Day: "MLK DAY CLOSING – Wise County Development Services and the Decatur dumpsite will be closed Monday, Jan. 16, for the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. The Boyd, Chico, and Cottondale dumpsites will close Wednesday, Jan. 18, for their holiday."
- Fox 4's "Job Of The Day" yesterday was Landmark Industries in Decatur which was looking for welders.
- Who would have ever thought the Republican nominee would be a Mormon Gordon Gekko but without the personality? (Now if I can only find where to buy stock in Teldar Paper.)
- "Super Agent" Leigh Steinberg declares bankruptcy and blames it on alcohol. I'm not buying it. I'm guessing he simply lived beyond his wage.
- My flimsy basis for that opinion: Back in the 1990s, I used to watch The Ricki Lake Show. Every wheels off guest who didn't have a job and screwed up every relationship he had would say, "I really had a problem with alcohol back then." They may have but that didn't prevent them from getting up and going to work. It was an excuse.
- A lot of people are upset with the Dr. Pepper/Dublin news yesterday, but I have no idea what the controversy is about.
at 8:29 AM