- Lots of news stations ran a quick clip of the "botox bandit" because she was pretty hot in court. I'm pretty sure they ran it because, well, she was pretty hot in court.
- Motorcycle death at Northside and Main in Fort Worth last night led to arrest for Intoxication Manslaughter.
- Mrs. LL had to go outside at 2:00 a.m. because the dog needed to "potty". I just had to take a break because the cat was tearing up a kitchen table flower arrangement.
- All of a sudden I have a desire to see the movie Pet Cemetery.
- Saw a press release yesterday where TXI lost a big bag of money last quarter. Is it still a big player over in Bridgeport?
- Cowboys Stadium is turning into the premiere season opening venue for college football. Likely to open the 2012 season: Alabama v. Michigan.
- I don't think I've watched a season premiere of a new sitcom in years, but I caught Outsourced last night that came on right after The Office. The premise? A young American is shipped off to India to manage the telephone help center for a U.S. novelty company. Verdict: Really, really funny.
- And I love how NBC promoted it. The show fired up the second The Office ended with no commercials and then ran 20 straight minutes without any other commercial break.
- Did you know a second grader can talk your ear off?
- Boy, I was wrong about the "dog scent lineup" case making the news. I haven't seen it anywhere.
- More lack of class from Dallas DA Craig Watkins in a debate yesterday when asked about the difference between himself and his opponent: "I have a backbone and a brain."
- There was a bad wreck that shut down 114 at FM 51 yesterday evening, but I have no other details.
- An H-E-B grocery store is opening in Burleson today. You go to Waco and on southward and you'll see them everywhere.
- Elton John is playing at the Tarrant County Convention Center in November? That just seems weird.
- I've always been skeptical of the "consultant" and UNT just paid one $2,000 a day for this.
- Hot sports opinions: Rangers lose in first playoff series. Cowboys win this weekend. Arkansas beats Alabama.
- Edit: I forgot to mention that the death of Eddie Fisher was all over the news this morning, and CNN even made it "breaking news." I'll admit, I've never heard of him.
at 8:37 AM