- Looks like a bad wreck on 380 near Decatur this morning. Messenger posted a pic here.
- There's a radio commercial promoting a little device that will prevent the theft of pickup truck tailgates. Is that really a problem?
- I never had a problem with George W. flying over, instead of visiting, New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
- Judicial arrogance: A Houston federal judge puts a teenage girl in cuffs for failing to show up a second day for potential jury duty. But what was it that certainly caused his flowing robe outrage?: He didn't like her attitude on the phone. "Nobody hangs up on our peoople," he said. (Source, with an opposing view.)
- Saw in print somewhere in regards to Texas contemplating legislation like Arizona's immigration law: "You didn't think we'd let Arizona out-stupid us, did you?"
- A leaking oil well one mile under the ocean seems like a tricky thing to plug.
- I've started reading The Big Short by Michael Lewis (who wrote Liar's Poker which I've never read.) How I ever got interested in the mortgage crisis and credit default swaps is beyond me. (I read House of Cards last year about the collapse of Bear, Stearns.)
- It seems like there are more fundraisers than usual these days.
- Did you see the video of the Fort Worth spot smoking cop last night? That guy was HUGE.
- Sixteen people were murdered in Juarez yesterday.
- I hear the "Why do you watch Fox News if you hate it" all the time. Why would I want to shield myself from views I might not agree with?
at 8:19 AM