- It's hard to believe someone would leave a child in the car for hours (one died in Dallas yesterday), but then I think about all of the millions of people out there who are as goofy as the day is long.
- What was that first sentence again? Oh, my.
- The remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street opens this weekend, but I had no idea Freddy would be played by Jackie Earle Haley. That guy was out of circulation for years until he came back in the great Little Children.
- But I hate horror movies.
- The ex-Denton DA is under investigation. I don't know what to make of it because there is nothing more wonky than Denton County politics, and people in the criminal justice system over there are, well, just a little different.
- We got a new computer in the office that came with Word 2007. Sheesh, they really tricked it up.
- Every time I see the footage of the oil slick in the gulf, I hear Sarah Palin shrieking "Drill, baby, drill!"
- There was a shocking story in Texas Monthly this week about a guy, Mauricio Celis, in Corpus Christi who made millions of dollars pretending to be a lawyer and running down PI cases (ambulance chasing) and then referring them to real plaintiff's lawyers for a cut. Sleazy, sleazy.
- A flash mob on Baylor campus doing the
ThrillerBeat It dance this week.
- Why do I hate Rick Carlisle of the Mavericks? Last year you would have been shocked at his attitude during radio interviews. Condescending doesn't begin to do it justice. And when he mocked Chuck Cooperstein's nervous laughter during an interview (it's famous in the sports talk radio world), he's been in my crosshairs ever since.
- Hal Jay on WBAP this morning (seriously): "So losing in the first round of the NBA playoffs is not a successful year?"
at 8:24 AM