- They were taking down Christmas street decorations on the courthouse square this morning. They are never in a rush about that.
- Do they still sell those "contact" capsules where you can see the little balls inside? Haven't seen a commercial for them in 20 years.
- Tech news: With Apple set to announce a tablet computer (maybe), Amazon will fire back with an announcement that it will all allow developers to create apps for the Kindle. The desktop computer may become a thing of the past very soon.
- There has been a sensational murder trial of a pastor's wife in Waco going on with her husband being found guilty last night. The local Waco paper had a live blog of the trial which is better than any news article would be.
- A congressional panel was upset yesterday because the "underwear bomber" was arrested, read his Miranda rights, and then requested a lawyer. This is still America, right?
- It's weird that when television was just getting started, sitcoms had the most bizarre premises. Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heros, The Munsters, Mr. Ed, and My Favorite Martian are bizarre by even today's standards.
- An occupied Decatur police car sat alone in the bank parking lot across from my office the other morning. Kind of creeped me out.
- Do local folks still go to Shreveport since the Oklahoma casinos are now available?
- Conan O'Brien will be getting $45 million from NBC. Holy, cow.
- That 6.0 earthquake in Haiti yesterday didn't do any damage after all. But I appreciate all the advice from all you structural engineers out there.
- If I'm on Decatur's Planning and Zoning Committee, I do whatever it takes to please CVS Pharmacy.
- Rudy Giuliana is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
- NFL Fraud: A krillion players are named to the Pro Bowl yet when a ton of them decline the opportunity to play their replacements also receive the label "pro bowler".
- Wow: I didn't know spare Cowboys receiver Roy Williams is owed $9 million in March even if the Cowboys were to cut him right now.
- More evidence Fox's Glenn Beck is crazy: He said he thought Massachusetts Golden Boy Republican Scott Brown could end up with a "dead intern" during his congressional term. What?
at 8:21 AM