- That David Blaine special had the dumbest ending in the history of ever. I'm surprised that New York crowd didn't riot, and I'm surprised announcer John Saunders agreed to stoop that low.
- McCain suspends his campaign and wants to cancel the Friday debate in order to work on the financial "crisis". Obama says a president needs to be able to handle more than one thing at one time. Advantage: Obama
- Man, if the debate fires up tomorrow with Obama there and McCain's chair empty, what a scene that will be. And that photo would be everywhere.
- There are a bunch of wooden pallets on fire in Crowley this morning. Channel 8 and Channel 5 couldn't get a shot from anything other than 10 miles away. Fox 4 managed to get one from about a 1/2 mile away. No one has a helicopter in the air.
- Bush was on TV last night trying to explain why he wants to use $700 billion of your money to bail out dumb lenders. Ever since WMDs, he pretty much couldn't convince a fish the sea was salty.
- "Banks could fail, including some in your community," he said. Really?
- Ok, I might be a little grumpy towards the Republicans this morning.
- Better Jessica Alba pics than yesterday. Kind of makes me want to visit that bar in Sin City.
- I just found out it was "premier week" on network TV. It's not like the old days where if you missed something, you might never see it.
- Video of the day yesterday: Radio studio goes up in flame while DJ keeps rolling.
- Headline: "Palin once blessed to be free from 'witchcraft'". And there's a nine minute youtube clip to back it up but there's no way I'm giving up nine minutes of my life for that.
- After jogging yesterday outside, I flipped on the TV and saw Dancing With The Stars. I hung in for about 10 minutes waiting for that Kardashian chick, but had to change channels when some 12 year old boy started singing.
- I promise I created anti-lock brakes in my brain as a kid during an ice storm. My dad had just explained to me that once your tires lock up on ice, you're no longer in control. It had to be around 1976 or 1977.
- I thought about that while seeing the trailer for the new movie about the guy who invented the intermittent windshield wiper that was stolen by Ford. Which looks pretty good by the way.
- I still remember my first home run as a kid in organized baseball. Left field. Three innings later the game was cancelled due to lightening.
- There's an email going around suggesting that if the $85 billion bailout of AIG were instead distributed to 200 million adult Americans, that each person would get $425,000. I'm no math major, but that's not right. Is it?
at 8:10 AM