- While you were sleeping, Washington Mutual was seized by the FDIC and then sold to JPMorgan Chase & Co. Holy cow.
- Everyone is referring to that as a "bank failure" which makes it the largest "bank failure" in the history of the United States.
- Being the voice of Big Tex would be a beating. And that guy is kind of creepy based upon a live interview I saw this morning.
- I slept right through my alarm this morning. That never happens.
- From a political standpoint, this economic mess can't have come at a worst time for the Republicans since the masses, rightly or wrongly, blame the incumbent party. (Did I already write this?)
- Grisham's An Innocent Man (I'm 60% through it) is absolutely fantastic. And the fact that it focuses on a small county's criminal justice system is like candy for me (if I really liked candy.)
- The smoking hot Jillian Barberie is a shocking 42 today.
- Here's the pretty detailed press release from the U.S. Attorney regarding the arrest of the former Boyd pastor on child pornography charges. (Not sure why the feds need to get involved.) But you might want to rethink your life if you actually choose the email address of: email@example.com. Can you make it any more obvious?
- I wonder if IHaveAMethLabInBoyd@yahoo.com is available? (Edit: I added this line after this post originally went up. At the same time, MzChief made an almost identical joke in the comments. Neither one of us saw the other do the same schtick. Frightening.)
- Ugh: Last night I stick the ol' gas nozzle in the gas tank, begin filling, and go into the convenience store for something else (although I always fear coming back out and seeing that I have flooded the Southwest Proper with gasoline.) But, after spending a few minutes in the store, I come back out to see that the filling had malfunctioned after 1.07 gallons. Fail.
- I got an automated email last night from the web site I told you about a couple of weeks ago that alerts you to close sporting events. It read, "Oregon State 21 #1 USC 0 - Halftime - Potential Upset - ESPN Ch. 206." I didn't even know the game was going on, and I was able to switch over and watch what turned out to be a an actual upset.
- And Oregon State was lead by a 5'6" running back. Go little guy.
- Fox 4 Megan Henderson told the TV world this week that that she has been diagnosed with "toasted skin syndrome." That's about all I know, but I'm speculating like a mad man.
at 6:34 AM