- I've begun "reading" John Grisham's An Innocent Man. So far: Great. Man, I'm a sucker for true crime written by someone who accurately portrays the system.
- Every time I read or see something interesting, I want to go there just to see it. Now I just want to go see the courthouse in Ada, Oklahoma (the main town in the book.)
- I haven't been to Northpark mall in forever.
- The Evil Empire has produced some wheels off stars: Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and now Vince Young.
- Every year: News footage of Big Tex being raised. Every year: Power Down.
- Anybody hear about 11 people being shot at a Texas nightclub over the weekend (although no died)? Didn't think so. And the club's name was Graham Central Station -- I think I went in a club by that name in Wichita Falls once.
- I saw a letter written by a hypothetical friend of a client yesterday that was typed, single space, three pages long, and (here's the payoff) did not contain one paragraph break.
- Whenever I hear about "Royse City" (which is just outside of Dallas), I think of an old western town with an actual saloon.
- I think I got honked at this morning but I'm not sure if it was directed at me. That's frustrating because you can't even get mad.
- I pull my hair out when I see the local weather forecast say, for example, "It's going to be 81 in Denton and Sherman, 82 in Plano, 80 in Rockwall . . . ."
- I saw the basketball area over at North Texas referred to as the "Snake Pit" yesterday. I'm not sure I had heard that name in a while. Edit: A commenter correctly points out it's the "Super Pit" and had I read past this headline, it would have all made sense.
- The Banana and Gorilla prank sure has received a lot of media coverage (the boys even got interviewed yesterday.) But there should be a criminal defense of: Funny enough to be excused.
- Even though a pretty good number of Wise County kids go to Northwest ISD, I never consider the Texans to be a "Wise County team".
- Boy, McCain is keeping Sarah Palin more protected than a newborn's fontanella. Don't expect a press conference any time soon.
- "PETA sent a letter to . . . Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman." Could give rise to some awkward ordering while in line.
- Dallas ISD is always a disaster. I remember back in the late 1980s that the superintendent used school funds to furnish her condo in what is now Uptown Dallas. She went to prison.
- Jessica Alba, and I loves me some Jessica Alba, has lost her baby fat.
- Good lord, someone has walked into my office at 7:48 a.m.
at 6:57 AM