- That raid of the polygamist compound is getting weirder and weirder. Now pictures have surfaced of Sheriff's Deputies in an armored tank-like vehicle. And "[t]he 416 children held by Texas authorities had been accompanied by 139 women until Monday, when officials ordered all the women away except for those whose children are under 5." What exactly is our government doing? And, really, why? There is lots of speculation but no proof.
- But those compound ladies look like they just walked out of Little House on The Prairie.
- The Pope doesn't seem very friendly.
- I'm about to give up on your Texas Rangers. And did you see that no one covered second on a throw by the catcher yesterday?
- Hey, now.
- Any story on "Cheese Heroin" seems to have a sense of sensationalism.
- We've got another DNA exoneration in Dallas. This one - who just happens to be black - has been in prison for 23 years. Those Henry Wade years were very bad years. And can you imagine the number of innocent people in prison who do not have DNA to come to their rescue?
- The concept of "iced coffee" does not appeal to me.
- Oil reached $114 a barrel yesterday. Devon printed more money.
- 18 cents of every gallon of gas goes to federal taxes. I don't know how much goes to state taxes.
- A blurry picture of me and W 10 years ago.
- I haven't driven down the new section 380 yet. I want to.
- I had forgotten that Texas Sen. John Cornyn, in the wake of violence against judges a couple of years ago, opined that it could be due to the judiciary being "activists." What an idiot. (This was mentioned in the Supreme Court book I just finished - apparently former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor called him out on it.)
- I think I'd like being a mailman.
- American Airlines pilots were picketing in Dallas yesterday. You don't see many female pilots.
- The motorcyclist in Dallas who ended up dead but not found for a few hours (I posted it a couple of days ago) had his wallet taken by homeless people. Tonight, Steve Egar of Fox 4 called them "bandits." When does one qualify as a bandit?
at 9:10 PM