- It's panic time for Ranger Nation. Since being in first place in the division since April 9th, that is no longer true as of late last night. They play Oakland this afternoon and, if they lose, they'll play a one-and-done wildcard playoff game against either Baltimore or New York (site to be determined) on Friday. I've been warning you.
- In two games, they have the chance to go from home field advantage for the American League playoffs to a road team in a wild card game. Incredible.
- Mark Cuban dancing and possibly drunk. How old is that guy? How can anyone take him seriously?
- The Cruz/Sadler debate (which I suspect few people saw) last night was actually entertaining. Cruz was called a "troll", and WFAA host Brad Watson was trampled while the whole thing happened.
- Sean Hannity and Drudge promoted all afternoon a "bombshell" video of the President from way back in 2007. As could easily be predicted, it landed with a thud. It was like a Hail Mary that landed in the third row.
- I watched the fourth quarter of the Texas/Oklahoma State game on the Longhorn Network last night. Kudos to the Longhorns -- that was a heck of a comeback and a heck of a fourth down conversion by quarterback David Ash.
- I doubt if I'll watch it, but tonight's Southpark will feature an angry Cartman realizing that Honey Boo Boo has replaced him as America's "new child sweetheart." Now that sounds funny.
- Highs in the 50s on Saturday.
- The oral argument at the Fort Worth Court of Appeals was remarkably relaxed yesterday. The three judge (and all female) panel was engaged and interested, and referred to me and opposing counsel by our first names.
- Prosecutors behaving badly: Two of them with the Galveston County DA's office are gone after accusations arose that they withheld evidence in a murder trial. Incredible.
- The girls in the "Stingray Photobomb" picture I posted last week were going to TCU at the time the photo was taken on spring break. Amazingly, it was taken five years but only went viral last month.
- Coppell High School football is 5-0 and their quarterback is a transfer from Bridgeport.
- I'll be glad when the Doberman is gone. That dog won't shut up.
at 8:35 AM