- Former WFAA anchor Debbie Denmon has now been hired as "Director of Communications" for Dallas County District Attorney's Office. I guess they have learned from the Tarrant County DA's office.
- Clint Eastwood was only supposed to speak for three minutes at the Republican National Convention.
- At 7:57 a.m. on Sunday, I was watching the first pitch of a softball game. While we were driving to the game, the sun broke the horizon prompting Mrs. LL to say, "What is that thing?" Funny.
- Somehow I've become the official scorer at any softball game -- everyone comes by to ask or verify what the score is. An opposing coach even came up to me on the other side of the fence and said, "Substitution. 26 for 2."
- D Magazine is doing its annual "Most Beautiful Woman In Dallas" contest. Mrs. LL suggested that I do one for Wise County but stressed that I would have to publicize that she would be in charge of it so people would actually take part. I'm not sure what that meant.
- I really don't watch ESPN's Sport Center that often but when I do I always wonder why they give so much "analysis" instead of simply showing highlights. Man, they talk a lot.
- H.E.B. grocery stores has bought 24 acres in northern Tarrant County. Those stores make me think of Waco.
- I took the tollway from north of DFW Airport to Frisco this weekend. I now proclaim that to be the greatest freeway in North Texas.
- I hung some hooks on the garage wall this weekend but made a horrible measuring mistake. Mrs. LL told me it "looked good." After reading this, she's now headed to the garage for a giggle.
- College football quick hits: (1) SMU's quarterback Garrett Gilbert is awful, and I find it odd that he has graduated from UT, (2) Alabama's freshman running back TJ Sheldon is going to be a star, (3) the catch of the year was by an Ohio State receiver, (4) back in February I railed against Oklahoma State playing Savannah State -- they won 84-0 on Saturday, (5) Savannah State plays Florida State this weekend, and (6) One UT player killed another UT player allowing Montana State to score on what would otherwise be a short pass play (and I can't find the video.)
- I think Anthony Bourdain is cool.
- Mrs. LL this weekend: "When I saw the place, I knew it wasn't a good sign." Me: "I don't know, I thought the font on it outside was kind of neat." Her: [Just looking at me.] Me: "That's a little typography humor for you." Her: "It's come to that, has it?"
at 8:36 AM