- Southlake is getting a new hotel along 114 which has a race track inside of it. Yep, a race track.
- Paul Ryan recently said that he had run a "a two hour and fifty-something" marathon. The more I think about that, the more it bugs me. Records show he has competed in one marathon back in 1990 and finished with a time of four hours and one minute. How could he be so wrong. For anyone who has completed a marathon, their time is etched into their brain.
- Michelle Obama was fantastic last night.
- I've always talked about how changing demographics play right into the Democrats hands. And looking at the audience at the convention last night, it looked like a cross-section of America. Not a cross-section of Wise County mind you, but America.
- Mark Davis this morning: "What does it matter what the color is of the faces looking up at Michelle Obama?" Oh, it matters. It matters a lot.
- Man, I wish someone had a video of this: Glenn Beck through a hissy fit on an American Airlines plane at DFW.
- I'm not sure this is a good sign (from the Update): "Of the 100 new students [at Weatherford College's new Wise County campus], 44 are enrolled in new programs – 20 in nursing and 24 in cosmetology."
- As much as I don't care about the NFL, I'm kind of excited about the Cowboys in New York tonight. (Although one reporter, who thinks way too much of himself, just tweeted that it is "pouring" up there this morning.)
- I bag on TCU from time to time, but the renovations to their stadium look fantastic. Here's a panoramic view of it. And with a certain win against Grambling this weekend, curmudgeon Gary Patterson becomes the all-time winningest TCU coach ever.
- There's a national sports columnist who tweets the most annoying thing all the time: "Someone throw me a mobile friendly link to my latest column."
- I've seen the headline of a man getting 80 years in prison last week out of Tarrant County for his ninth DWI about a million times. But for some reason a man getting Life in prison for DWI out of Ellis County has been generally ignored. Even though it is his second Life sentence for DWI.
- Nothing has faded from view like the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Labor Day Telethon. Lewis is no longer associated with it and it's no longer a televised telethon.
- Walked outside yesterday to find a bird bath and a bench in our front yard. Mrs. LL was hit with Lawn Motivation.
- Want to see a fat lady lying on the floor of WFAA studios before the 10:00 o'clock newscast last night? How could you not?
at 8:33 AM