- I'm confused. I was talking to a guy at the courthouse whose band played at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill in Dallas last week. He said the crowd was awful on a weekday night. Today, the Morning News says the bar will open tonight.
- I really don't care if the Cowboys win other than it makes the sports scene around here more interesting.
- I would have thought that Jason Witten would have been smart enough not to play.
- I kind of like Queen Latifah's slightly tricked up National Anthem. As long as the song is played in an up tempo, you can get away with some things.
- The pre-game show also had the incredibly good looking Gwen Stefani. (Pic.)
- I missed DeMarco Murray's big run because I got sucked into watching Bill Clinton for a second.
- Great Clinton line: "We simply cannot afford to turn the reins of government over to someone who will double down on trickle-down."
- Sandra Fluke kind of jazzed me last night.
- The Democrats removal, and then the reversal of the decision, of references to God and Jerusalem in their platform was a self-inflicted wound that didn't need to occur. (But the video of the "reversal vote" is high entertainment.)
- Cowboy's defensive coordinator Rob Ryan doesn't have a lick of class.
- I forgot to mention the other day that 34 point underdog Texas State's victory over the University of Houston will be the biggest upset of the year. And someone in Vegas bet $2,000 for Texas State to win outright at 60 to 1 odds.
- Today's Random Thought Girl is actually from a collection of pics from the Party Cove at Lake Lewisville. Lots more here. You're welcome.
at 8:36 AM