- I wonder how many college kids don't take a TV to school? With online streaming, I bet that number has decreased dramatically over the last few years.
- Mark Cuban has been making the talk show rounds trying to do damage control for a bungled free agency season. That man is a snake oil salesman.
- Mrs. LL told me that I uttered, "Just walking back towards stupid" in my sleep last night. I might trademark that.
- Those planes carrying the West Nile Virus anti-fog don't look like they are capable of carrying anything.
- Robin Roberts on Good Morning America reminisced about chasing the mosquito spraying trucks as a kid. I didn't know it was such widespread fun.
- Mrs. LL informs me we are babysitting two dogs for two days. One's a doberman? Are there small dobermans?
- A hurricane might move through Tampa at the same time as the Republican National Convention? Might actually get bigger ratings.
- Back during the primaries, I ran by CSPAN which would provide obscure campaign coverage. I bet I spent thirty minutes watching Mitt Romney's wife arrive, shake hands, speak, and leave from a diner in New Hampshire. There might have been twenty people there. She has to beaten down so bad right about now. That's a long campaign.
- Richie Whitt tells the story that at Cowboys camp last week he and buddies went to Malibu beach, opened up a beer, and promptly got a $50 ticket for an open container violation.
- Been hearing lots of commercials for the "Obama's America 2016" movie on that conservative/religious 660 AM station. Is there anyone who would go see that movie who wouldn't love it? They're predisposed to love it.
- 20/20 is doing a story on the Kennedale teacher who was convicted last week. The Tarrant County DA's office, who will sacrifice everything for publicity, tweeted a picture yesterday of the 20/20 correspondent viewing the sex tape.
- Am I sensing a "We Are Getting Nervous About The Election" feeling from the Right?
- I'm nervous about SMU v. Baylor one week from Sunday because former Evil Empire quarterback Garrett Gilbert is now starting for the Mustangs. (Gilbert, who left school after a dismal sophomore season, was once on the cover of a Longhorn preseason magazine with the title "The Next Great Texas Quarterback.")
- Love the picture below the crazy judge below . . .
at 8:40 AM