- A Sheriff Joe tweet from late last week: "My condolences to the family of conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart who passed away 4 hours after he called me." Let me translate: "Hey, everyone who is talking about that guy who died. He called me! He called me!"
- Look at the state of the construction at Allen High School's new stadium. Wow.
- Another police car was struck over the weekend -- this time in Carrollton. It was demolished.
- And we had a motorcycle death in the metroplex (but I only heard about it because the TV was going in a different room last night. No link yet.) Edit: Link.
- I watched a documentary yesterday on the late chess champion Bobby Fischer who basically went nuts in his later years. I then immediately watched a 60 Minutes segment online about the new modern day Fischer: 21 year old Magnus Carlsen. If you want to see one of the most amazing feats of mental strength ever, watch the first three minutes of that 60 Minutes segment.
- Threw the softball yesterday afternoon. That's one of life's great joys.
- I finally found at least one report of arrests in the Traffic Ticket Roundup. 32 in Waco and 39 in San Antonio. The article doesn't say if those were the result of home visits or if they were just random traffic stops - a huge distinction. And those numbers are tiny.
- I saw The Lorax this weekend at the Movie Tavern in Bedford and, you know, not bad. Some have criticized for its "green" message, but that's downright silly.
- Hey, go northbound on Central in Bedford, go under 183 and make a left westbound to get on 183. Due to the construction, you'll get a chance in about four miles.
- Mavs coach Rick Carlisle on goofball Lamar Odom: "It’s not about his numbers. It’s about his energy, the engagement in the game and the full commitment." Really? You don't care his numbers? If you are only looking for energy and engagement then just pull some season ticket holder out of the stands.
- Early notice: We'll do another Liberally Lean March Madness Tourney this year. (Don't worry about the fact that I still haven't gotten a trophy to last year's winner, County Attorney James Stainton.) You should be able to sign up here. I tried to send out a group email this morning to those which joined last year.
- I did touch up spot painting on the house walls this weekend. I finally found an activity where the Family Cat would follow me everywhere I go -- her head goes back and forth with the brush like she's watching a tennis match.
- Then I spent a while making some type of concoction to get the ashes out of the grout in front of the fireplace since the dang cat decided to kick a bunch of ashes out of it.
- While you were sleeping: "A gang of gunmen disguised in military-style uniforms and carrying forged arrest warrants killed 25 police Monday, then hoisted the battle flag of al-Qaeda in a carefully planned early morning shooting spree in western Iraq, officials said." Seems to be going well over there.
- Parker County incumbent judge's campaign literature: " I am working to make Parker County safe from those who threaten our way of life." Hey, what if your duty of enforcing a person's constitutional rights does not equate making Parker County safe? What will you do then?
at 8:30 AM