- The Bacon Rating System guy might hate me this morning.
- Breaking economic news: Unemployment stays at 8.3% but the U.S. added 227,000 jobs in February. It keeps turning around.
- That Kony 2012 campaign took off even more yesterday, but it did give rise to some criticism of the masses who suddenly care. Those critics fired off: "Watch a 30 minute youtube video. Suddenly become a social activist" and "Before you can protest Kony, you have to be able to find Uganda on a map."
- The big health news yesterday came from the Surgeon General who reported that one in five high school students smoke cigarettes. I don't believe that (and I can back that up with absolutely no proof whatsoever.)
- A Fort Worth cop was fired yesterday for looking at porn at work. There may be worst ways for the world to find out that you are fired, but that's got to be right up there.
- Watched a little bit of the local morning news on Channel 8 this morning. Still painful but that blond weather gal is kind of hot. Edit: Might have been the traffic gal.
- "I love my family. Potato, potato, potato." - Final words of Robert Towery who was executed last night by the State of Arizona. (I have no idea what that means, but it's kind of funny.)
- There was a story this week that gun sales had increased because people "feared" the President's re-election and what he might do to gun control laws. Everyone was acting like this was big news when the same knuckleheads did the same thing four years ago.
- I actually don't mind the rotten weather this weekend. It'll make next weekend even better because it always feels like Spring with the first weekend of March Madness (plus we'll have the extra hour of daylight.)
- Reminder for the Liberally Lean Pick 'Em Tourney with the Top Prize being a $100 Visa card provided by Chris Miller's Farmer's Insurance Agency in Bridgeport . (No other merchant stepped up yesterday which clearly proves there is a malfunction in their Bang For Buck/Advertising Dollar Analysis.)
- Edit: A Decatur attorney who wishes to remain nameless (but who is named "Paul Belew") just called and said he will donate a LeBron James signed Miami Heat jersey complete with a Certificate of Authenticity.) "I won it at a silent auction and now I hate the guy." Double edit: It's now sitting on my desk.
- A cameraman on one of those tall cranes almost got hit by a golf ball yesterday at this week's PGA event. (Video.)
- Ticket Fans: Bob Sturm revealed on the T.C. and Jake Podcast that program director Bruce Gilbert wanted to hire Arnie Spanier instead of Dan McDowell back in the 1990s but a contract issue prevented it from happening. Gilbert has since moved on to 105.3 The Fan where Spanier now works.
- Pat Robertson said yesterday he favored the legalization of marijuana. A faithful reader sent me a photo of billboard for the
Olive GardenCarino's suggesting that Robertson might have simply been confused. It read, "Legalize Marinara."
at 8:33 AM