- There's a crazy trial going on in Waco where a lady is alleged to have shot her husband in the head, gone to work, and then came home and called the police. Oh, and she's also accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill him (before he was dead, of course.) Local connection? Bridgeport's Mike Simpson has a daughter who is part of the defense team.
- I dreamed I lived right by a busy freeway and saw, at least twice, a bachelorette party on foot walking behind a cement mixer covered in banners.
- There's a cold front coming in with 40 degree temperatures which will hit almost exactly the same time as the White Rock Marathon starts. This will be my 10th half marathon and there's no way I'm going to miss it.
- Obama's re-election chances are all based on the economy? That right wing explosion you just heard was the news released this morning that the unemployment rate had plunged to 8.6%! That's the lowest rate in 2 1/2 years.
- I'd like to announce that there's a shortage of plastic lawn stakes for Christmas lights. I've got a project half done and I can't find those things anywhere. (I had some Clark Griswald going on last night, by the way.)
- Liberally Lean favorite Britney turns 30 today. Sad to say, but I may have to upgrade in that position.
- Tons of folks have sent me the story over the past couple of days regarding "Sheriff Incarcerated In Jail That Bears His Name". I'm not sure why I haven't posted it.
- We put the tree up but before we could put a single decoration on it, the Family Cat buried herself inside it. She was apparently bored with trying to claw a hole in the strong cardboard box it was packaged in.
- There's a commercial for Academy Sports that features Emmitt Smith and Danica Patrick. With her being a diva and him having trouble delivering any line, I bet that thirty second spot took a month to film.
- An appellate case decided this year involved a guy who won over $10 million in the lottery in the 1990s and got divorced in Wise County shortly thereafter. (You'll have to interested in assignments and child support offsets to read the whole thing. But I'll bet you click on it to see if you know the guy.)
- Long suffering Baylor fans will love this article that appeared yesterday in ESPN's Grantland.
- "Students [at Fort Worth ISD] will not be allowed to exchange gifts from student to student or distribute personal holiday messages during class this year, the district said . . . . [O]fficials announced Thursday that 'no longer can the district endorse or sponsor any religious activity or doctrine.'" Those who will comment that "there ain't no separation of church and state in the constitution" in three, two, . . .
at 8:31 AM