- A street racing incident in Dallas last night caused a four car wreck that look like a bomb went off and one death. Police have identified one of the cars racing as a BMW which is coincidental because someone commented yesterday (about the Corvette video) that BMW drivers no longer know what they are doing.
- NBC Nightly News was funny last night because a fire alarm was going off in studio during the live show. It went on what seemed like forever but host Brian Williams handled it like a pro -- he could hardly contain his laughter at times.
- The judge who sentenced Conrad Murray was really playing to the cameras yesterday by giving a huge speech before imposing the maximum sentence. The best judges simply pronounce sentence and move on to the next case. They know there is no need for dramatics.
- There's a Parker County judge who kept doing the same thing in bond hearings for some crazy guy accused of murder but I haven't heard much about that case lately.
- Had to get up in the middle of the night and slap the Family Cat in the head since she decided to chew and scratch her way through a thick cardboard box holding the Christmas tree.
- I haven't mentioned it to Mrs. LL yet, but there's something very uncomfortable about the design of the lips on our inflatable Monkey Santa on the front lawn.
- Mrs. LL picked up a different kind of deodorant for me. It had "Swagger" on the label. Idiocracy?
- American Airlines pays an average of $6.5 million per year for the naming rights to the American Airlines Center.
- The guy who used to manage the Methodist Camp out at Lake Bridgeport is now the director of the "YMCA of the Rockies' Snow Mountain Ranch." I want a job at that ranch based solely on the name.
- Fox 4 spent the first 13 minutes of its 9:00 p.m. broadcast on the American Airlines bankruptcy. I suppose that's OK since it employs a krillion people in the DFW area.
- Heard part of a comedian's stand up routine that actually made me laugh -- and I never laugh at stand up routines. And I had never heard of Aziz Ansari.
- Northwest ISD girls basketball team lost last night to "God's Academy." That's a pretty bold name.
- I don't care about Bobby Valentine being the new manager of the Red Sox, but I do acknowledge it was a funny bit when he was thrown out of a game one time only to return to the dugout in a "disguise."
- Good grief: A 13 year old Millsap boy tried to start a bonfire over the holidays with diesel and ended up with burns so bad that he'll spend "six month to a year" at Parkland. I can't imagine his pain or the heartache of his family. Facebook support page here.
- Jessica Simpson loves being pregnant and, apparently, eating cheeseburgers. Pic.
- Texas has a law that requires some office holders to resign if they announce their plan to seek office more than one year and 30 days before the date of filing. One such DA may have screwed up . . .
at 8:38 AM