- The Messenger's above the fold story today concerns the death of the Decatur freshman and its lead editorial is about bullying although they also say there is "no evidence" of suicide. It's unusual for them to cover the elephant-in-the-room, but I'm not critical of it.
- Congrats to the Lady Aggies for winning the women's basketball championship last night. That game was a heck of a lot more entertaining than the men's game on Monday night.
- But I'll admit to confusion as the Aggies coach danced "The Dougie" after the game. (Video) Yep, I had to look it up. And finding Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Kate Upton doing it at a basketball game a couple of days ago was worth the effort.
- Dish Network bought Blockbuster in the middle of the night at auction for $230 million? Why?
- Having a full calender at work is a beating until you consider the alternative.
- A skinny LeAnn Rimes sang the National Anthem the other night in Houston. Hey, now.
- Weeping Willow tree update: If it were a person, I would have called an ambulance yesterday.
- I haven't heard much about Bridgeport ISD teacher cuts. (Plano ISD made news by laying off 223 and an additional 123 support staff yesterday.)
- The new Republican House promised to slash the federal budget (which I'm all for.) Now it's time to put up or shut up as a federal government shutdown looms on Friday.
- "You need to go back to the house even though the game is starting because the 2nd Grader In The House forgot her batting helmet." Patience. Be patient.
- There wasn't much to the Bridgeport Index web site but now it seems to be gone.
at 8:35 AM