- A 911 call was made from the home of Dallas Mayor Dwaine Caraway's house in January but when police arrived they he and his wife said "nothing to see here." No charges were filed but a news organization made a request for the 911 tape citing it as a public record. In response, the City of Dallas asked for an Attorney General's opinion which is nothing more than a common delay tactic. Last week the AG's office told Dallas to hand the tape over. So what does the Mayor do? Sue the AG which now further delays the release of the tape. Sorriness. When it finally gets released, I hope its played everywhere.
- The Facebook page of one of those who died in the Granbury mobile home fire makes reference to smoking dope and that he should have been in jail the other day.
- Played pitch and catch with a softball yesterday. It had been a couple of years since I did that -- still incredibly fun.
- Judge John Fostel's son Josh will coach Eula (34-2) in the Boys State Basketball Tournament in Austin this week. It's the second time he's taken the team there.
- Bad weekend Dallas cops: One arrested for Assault/Family Violence and another for Public Intoxication (just barely avoiding a DWI.)
- Mrs. LL is on some crazy decorating kick. And I wonder if all that stuff that is in those bags she keeps dragging in is expensive.
- You think this will cause a flurry of 911 calls around 8:00 a.m. this morning?: "Officials in west Fort Worth and Naval Air Station Fort Worth are simulating an F/A-18 Hornet crash in a field behind a Lowe’s Home Improvement store off Loop 820 and Texas 199 to test their response to a real emergency."
- An absolutely fantastic -- and I do mean fantastic -- picture of a bat flying into the stands at a pre-season baseball game last Friday.
- I think Charlie Sheen is about to learn of America's short attention span.
- From everything I read about the current Texas budget crisis, former Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn warned the legislature that this would happen. (And Keller ISD has announced it will eliminate 55 high school teachers as part of its 156 person reduction.)
- Paradise mobile home fire yesterday in Paris. I kind of understand the rash of those kind of fires in winter but when the weather is pleasant?
at 8:33 AM