- I learned this weekend that you can't wash a TV remote control in the washing maching. (Yep, hurriedly grabbing up the sheets and throwing them is the washer has unintended consequences.)
- Six people died (three men and three women) and three others were injured in a trailer house on Granbury Lake on Sunday morning after a party. And another person who attended the party was hurt in a car wreck earlier taking other guests home. That's one wheels off party. (And check out the photo in the Star-Telegram at the bottom of this post.)
- But Fox 4 said dental records were being used to identify the victims. I wouldn't think that would be necessary.
- I bet all female roller derby in Dallas would be pretty entertaining.
- The Messenger continued its feature stories on teenage moms in Wise County with a profile of a 16 year old Boyd girl. (The father was 19 at the time of conception, was sentenced to probation for act, and ended up in prison after having the probation revoked.)
- Mark Cuban is talking with Charlie Sheen about a reality show, and last week he exchanged 100 angry tweets with Friday Night Lights author Buzz Bissinger including calling him a "coward." How that guy ever made a dime is beyond me.
- Ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant on Friday night and the server dropped two plates of our food as he was bringing out. I kind of wondered if he was drunk.
- I know they have to do something, but do local TV news stations have to send an anchor out to stand in a gas station parking lot to talk about gas prices?
- Steve Doocy on Fox and Friends this morning about the gas prices: "If there were a Republican in the White House, there would be outrage." And this wasn't in a commentary. It was just the set up to a news piece.
- Did you know companies like Brink's sometime store tons of cash in commercial airport cargo hold? Did you know that on some planes you can remove bathroom panels and get to the cargo hold? And did you know a guy stole $250,000 during a flight because he knew both of those things?
- Three people in Bridgeport, two of whom are teenagers, were arrested for gun "smuggling." I don't know anything about the case, but I bet "smuggling" is an overstatement.
- Pretty cool: A retiring high school basketball coach in his final game steps onto the court and sinks a three pointer in the last seconds. Sure, it didn't count, but it was a nice send off. (Story and video)
- For sports fans, this time of year is an utter wasteland.
- Caught an episode of Cops shot during Mardi Gras yesterday -- that was pretty entertaining -- except I kept saying "acting like fool" a lo. (And Mardi Gras, something I've never been to, looks like a beating. )
at 8:23 AM