- I think we're having the 5,000th slumber party to night at the house. That is, after they all get back from the Justin Bieber movie. Think they'll be ratcheted up?
- The Texas Senate has passed the Sonogram Bill. It's comical that Rick Perry has designated it as "emergency" legislation.
- If all the school districts have to layoff people for the next school year, they'll have to make that decision pretty quickly, won't they?
- Azle motorcycle death.
- DPS had a press conference yesterday and released surveillance footage of a potential suspect in the fire at the Governor's Mansion. Hey, that fire took place in 2008! What took you so long?
- I updated the post yesterday but you may have missed it: The guy who was arrested for poisoning the trees at Auburn says on his Facebook page that he is a former Texas DPS Trooper.
- Preseason Rangers prediction: They won't make the playoffs.
- I jogged with an OU T-shirt yesterday and met a guy wearing a Longhorn T-shirt. He looked genuinely angry with me. Funny. (I bet I've got 20 different T-shirts with random college names on them. I even got one for Vanderbilt.)
- The Star-Telegram has a headline/story today that says a jury has "recommended" a 25 year sentence in case involving the death of a baby. A jury never "recommends" a sentence. What they say is the sentence.
- Weather talk is boring, but is this not the craziest February ever? One week in the deep freeze and then two weeks of the warmest February weather I've ever seen.
- I've preached for years that conservative Republicans will lose power in the future for one simple reason: Demographics. Yesterday's Census data proves the point. And is there any doubt that the percentage of Hispanics will be significantly greater in the 2020 Census?
- Other Census nuggets: Bridgeport is 42% Hispanic. And Bridgeport has only 66 less people than Decatur.
- Did you realize that Jerry Jones hasn't been seen or heard since the Super Bowl?
at 8:32 AM