- I've never seen a Harry Potter movie nor will I ever, but I'm aware there's a new one being released this weekend. According to Fox 4 this morning, the movie had a midnight showing at Dallas' Northpark Mall on 15 screens (!!) last night and they were all sold out. Money. Machine.
- Because of class project, there was a miniature race car being built in my kitchen last night out of nothing but fruits and vegetables. I suspect the competition will be dominated by some kid whose dad is an engineer.
- Do you know you'll get carded for trying to buy Super Glue? Did you know I had to go to the store to buy Super Glue twice last night? Did you know Super Glue works on fruits and vegetables?
- The Fort Worth cop on trial this week for Intoxication Manslaughter change his plea to Guilty in the middle of trial, but the jury still gave him the maximum of twenty years. I thought it was interesting that there was evidence of surveillance tapes from the bars of him drinking -- you would think evidence like that would be commonplace but that's the first time I've ever seen it.
- Deadspin ranked the 100 worst NFL players of all time and a Cowboy came in at #3. (The Fan's Richie Whitt chose the same player about a month ago in his Cowboy Worst Quarterbacks Of All Time list.)
- Showed the 2nd Grader Google Streetview last night to let her see where I grew up. I'm not sure she batted an eye at that technology.
- Is it any surprise that the bakery at Walmart looks more enticing than your run of the mill community "bake sale"?
- The Ticket's Gordon Keith gets to nominate someone for "Texan of The Year" for the Dallas Morning News and it is surprisingly touching.
- Man, when I said "get read for a Royal Wedding beat down" the other day, even I underestimated the hype. Once it gets here, it'll be 24/7 coverage.
- We are doomed if this is for real.
- I've signed up to run the Dallas Turkey Trot again this year -- I've done it for over 10 years and it's still one of my favorite things to do. (Although the early projections show a massive cold front coming through on Wednesday.)
- If the Evil Empire loses to Florida Atlantic this weekend, we might here Austin implode.
- I've discovered a college football talk show channel on satellite radio and it seems like every call is from the South, and they normally want to talk about Auburn and Alabama. They take it serious. (Or is it "seriously"?)
- Time magazine's list of the finalists for Person of the Year is here. My guess: The winner will be the American Unemployed Worker. (The award is normally given to the person who has had the most impact on the country.) About three years ago, when social media was just beginning to explode, the winner was "You".
- Days since last win: Tiger Woods (369), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (887), Danica Patrick (943)
at 8:35 AM