- Crazy weekend in the world of DWI: In addition to the 14 year old Intoxication Manslaughter case in Denton, we had a Fort Worth police officer arrested (they continue to be out of control), an allegedly intoxicated lady crashes with her four kids in the car, a cop is hit by an alleged drunk driver on Sunday afternoon on 820, and two died in a one car crash at 3:00 a.m. on Sunday morning on the George Bush Freeway (no mention of alcohol, but I'm guessing.)
- News flash: Having a family is expensive. Sheesh.
- And the amount of garbage and recyclables a family of four produces is astonishing.
- Has ESPN's Chris Berman ever had a pop culture reference about anything after 1980?
- Legal stuff: The Supreme Court granted review in a case yesterday regarding the scope of the Exclusionary Rule. Slowly but surely, it continues to chip away at the greatest constitutional protection we have.
- A rodeo bull jumped into the stands at a Canadian rodeo -- Maybe the INXS song that was playing when he left the gate put him over the edge.
- I know none of you listen to Mike Huckabee's The Huckabee Report -- it's a five minute radio show that can be heard locally on WBAP at 7:30 a.m. I dare you to listen to it twice and not come to the conclusion that his humor is about as current as 1965. It is painful. And it truly makes me question his judgment.
- After months of slowly moving out of it, recarpeting, and repainting it, we're finally getting around to putting Mrs. LL's house in the Lipsey Edition in Decatur on the market. We'll probably shop it here for a couple of weeks before listing it with a Realtor. Email me if interested. (blog2 [at] wisecounty.com)
- And at the risk of sounding like a car salesman: I want to move that thing.
- It looks like there is a double funeral today at 10:00 a.m. for the two Alvord girls killed over the weekend.
- And someone wrote me and pointed out there have been four other deaths in that little town within the last week --- all natural causes.
- Theater of the Bizarre last night on MNF (Philly went up 35-0 after barely a quarter of the game): Written Off Michael Vick never looked better (6 TDs) and Over Paid Donovan McNabb looked as awful as he really is.
- Whatever happened to humorist Dave Barry?
- iTunes is expected to announce today that it will finally carry the Beatles catalog. Didn't Michael Jackson buy the rights to it several years ago? I know I heard that but I never hear anything about his Estate being involved in the iTunes negotiations.
- And I'm leading the courthouse Fantasy Football league at 8-2 and that's despite cutting Michael Vick when I gave up on him after being hurt this year. (Me = Sports Genius.)
- Despite it being in every news story yesterday, a full body scan at the airport doesn't bother me at all.
- Women's Basketball Anyone? #2 Baylor plays #1 Connecticut today at 5:00 p.m. on ESPN2. Connecticut brings in a 79 game winning streak.
at 8:23 AM