- I kept saying that you can't consider Cliff Lee to be a 100% sure thing.
- The ballpark in San Francisco looks cool. I may go there next year.
- Fox 4 had a couple of stories of Texans found outside the stadium who just decided to "fly in at the last minute" and buy tickets from scalpers. It seems like the going rate was close to $1,500 a ticket. Think they are happy this morning?
- Former Boyd resident Greg "The Hammer" Williams is there covering the World Series for 105.3 The Fan. In a heartfelt segment yesterday, he almost teared up talking about how six months earlier he was an outcast (due to being unemployed due to a drug problem) and now he's got a great job and watching the Rangers in San Fran. (He also proclaimed the city the "greatest" one in the world.)
- I'll stick to my proclamation that this Claws & Antlers stuff is a beat down. And then this gets circulated yesterday.
- Mrs. LL's root canal was successful but she was in pain last night. Get this: She won't take prescription pain medication.
- From my Liberally Lean Traffic Center: 1810 was shut down this morning due to a big wreck.
- I had to use cash to buy gas this morning which is something I haven't done in ages. Man, that last 50 cents takes about a day and half to trickle in.
- Hot Batgirl.
- I have no problem with the Republicans winning the House next week. I love me some Washington gridlock.
- Arkansas school board member is no friend of The Gay. Pretty shocking stuff. I wonder what political party he's associated with?
- And to the commenter that predicted I'd be divorced in 1 to 2 years? That's ridiculous. I can make it to four easily.
- A very funny Ron Washington impersonation by a kid.
- Previously unreleased clip of a 1928 Charlie Chaplain movie shows woman talking on cell phone? Sure, I'll buy that.
- It looks like we finally have such a glut of lawyers, that new graduates can't find jobs. And, to compound the problem in our area, the University of North Texas is about to open a law school in Dallas.
- Bill White has a commercial about border security that says something to the effect that Sheriff's representing "90% of the Texas border population" support him. I guess that means the two Sheriffs for the counties that include Brownsville and El Paso support him.
- I fear a huge Texas beat down of Baylor this weekend. The Empire is only a six point favorite but I bet Mack Brown has been all over them this week.
- Massive collection of NFL cheerleaders proving that Halloween is the greatest holiday of the year.
at 8:31 AM